Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Clatsop Community College1651 Lexington Ave. Astoria, OR 97103503-325-0910Admissions: 503-338-2411Toll Free: 1-855-252-8767Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & UniversitiesClatsop Community College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.
Optional elements (Works Cited)
Optional elements may be included if they are relevant to the source and/or your use of the source. Some optional elements are placed at the end of the Works Cited entry while others are placed near a relevant core element. Please consult pages 50-53 of the MLA Handbook, Eighth Edition.
Optional elements include:
- Date of Original Publication
- City of Publication
- Total Number of Volumes:
- Series Name and Number:
- Not italicized or in quotations.
- Example: A Song of Ice and Fire 3.
- Unexpected Type of Work:
- Information about a Prior Publication:
- Originally published in Harper's Magazine, Jan. 2007, pp. 2-10.
- Including the Number and Session of Congress for bills, reports, or resolutions from the United States Congress:
- 107th Congress, 2nd Session, House Report 203.
- Date of Access: