Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Clatsop Community College1651 Lexington Ave. Astoria, OR 97103503-325-0910Admissions: 503-338-2411Toll Free: 1-855-252-8767Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & UniversitiesClatsop Community College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.
Location (Works Cited)
Location is the ninth core element. This element describes where the source was accessed or can be found. Locations can be cities, page numbers, URLs, DOIs, disc numbers, etc.
- The location used depends on the medium of the source.
- For print sources, the location is the page number or range of page numbers.
- The format is "p. 166" for one page and "pp. 123-166" for a range of pages.
- For online sources, the location is the URL or DOI (if available).
- For a DVD, use the disc number.
- For physical objects like artwork or live events, use the place it is held.
- Optional elements include:
- the original date of publication if it is relevant to the use of the source. Place the original date of publication after the source's title followed by a period.
- the original city of publication for sources published prior to 1900 or books with different versions depending upon the audience, such as a book available in a British or American version. Place the city name before the publication date followed by a comma.
- This element ends with a period.