Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Clatsop Community College1651 Lexington Ave. Astoria, OR 97103503-325-0910Admissions: 503-338-2411Toll Free: 1-855-252-8767Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & UniversitiesClatsop Community College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.
Publisher (Works Cited)
Publisher is the seventh core element. The company or organization primarily responsible for producing the source or making it available is the publisher. For books, the publisher is listed on the title page.
- This element begins with a capital letter because it will almost always be a proper noun.
- Use shortened forms of publisher names. For example, "University Press" is shortened to "UP." Omit all business words like "Company," "Corporation," "Incorporated," and "Limited."
- If more than one party appears to be equally responsible for the source, document both separated by a forward slash "/."
- Some sources will not have a publisher. Common examples include articles from periodicals (journals, magazines, and newspapers), self-published works, Web sites with no publisher listed, and Web sites functioning as a container instead of a publisher like YouTube, WordPress.com, JSTOR, etc.
- This element ends with a comma.